My Room

"Everyone carries a room about inside them. This fact can even be proved by means of the sense of hearing. If someone walks fast and one pricks up one's ears and listens, say at night, when everything round about is quiet, one hears, for instance, the rattling of a mirror not quite firmly fastened to the wall." -Franz Kafka

Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Post That Bloggers Who Update Biennially Insist Is Too Long Coming

It's now been two months since I broke my leg. That means I've had 62 days of enforced free time. And what do I have to show for it? Do you know Ethel Squat's nephew Jack? I have no motivation to do anything, and I feel no remorse for the time wasted. Isn't that a form of depression? Sigh. I am a fat, worthless load. Oh, wait! I do have a Sim City with 100,000 residents, and of the dozens of applications I sent out, I've received one rejection letter. Christianity Today sent me an assignment. I did it, and I got no response. But since I'm on workers' comp, I can't work anyway, so no big deal.

Has anyone been watching the "Evolution Schmevolution" special report on The Daily Show? The last installment is tonight. I highly recommend it.

This weekend I'm attending a conference at Cornerstone University entitled "After Evangelicalism." I edited papers presented at last year's conference, "After Worldview," so I'm receiving free admission, which is why I can go.

Also, Andrew Kleyn, aka Calvin (not after the underwear guy, but after his responsibility absolving theology), turns 21 this week, so I'll be celebrating with him. Wish him Happy Birthday.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:55 am, Blogger Judy said…

    This is what it costs me to blog.

    I must use Evan's laptop. It must be here. He must not be on it.

    I must hijack internet wireless from the coffee shop across the street. Or from the pharmacy.

    I can only get this well in the front entryway.

    I squat at a humidor and aim the laptop in a variety of directions until I catch the signal. (the signal is 'very good' on the front porch, but, it is 'very cold' and 'very dirty' and sometimes 'downright scary' out there.

    Yes. I update biennially (whatever that means) but it costs me. It costs me dearly.

     
  • At 8:33 am, Blogger Evan said…

    I saw lewis black's segment one night. boy he really stuck it to ken hamm, as well he should have. but it's sad that ken hamm is who they associate with creationism... he's kind of a chode.

     
  • At 8:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's exciting that you're writing for Christianity Today! Wow.

     
  • At 10:58 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Well, I edited a sample article for Christianity Today as part of the hiring process. I never heard from them again.

    Biennially means every two years. It was a hyperbole.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home