My Room

"Everyone carries a room about inside them. This fact can even be proved by means of the sense of hearing. If someone walks fast and one pricks up one's ears and listens, say at night, when everything round about is quiet, one hears, for instance, the rattling of a mirror not quite firmly fastened to the wall." -Franz Kafka

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Check Up #2

Thursday Christine and I headed up to GR for my Friday morning appointment. I was able to sit in the front seat, which was good, because I got really carsick in the back seat. I was even able to use the bathroom at Wendy's, my first outdoor excursion besides the hospital. It was magical.

At check up #1, the nurse told me to take a Vicodin before having my staples removed, so I anticipated that it would be painful. It wasn't too bad; it kind of felt like having hairs plucked, except for the staples directly above the fractured bones. That hurt.

After the nurse removed the staples, she put on my cast. She put a stand in front of me that I was supposed to put my foot on and drop my heel so that my foot and leg were at a ninety degree angle. That was impossible. So she had me lie on my stomach and raise my leg. Then it was easier for me to put my foot at the right angle. But apparently my foot still angled outward, so she called in the doctor, who wrenched my foot into the right angle. Thought I was gonna die. It hurt worse than the initial break. The nurse said they let the doctor be the bad guy, but since he prescribes the drugs, I guess it evens out.

Now the cast is on (it's blue), and my leg is much more supported. I still can't put weight on it, but I can set it down for balance. I'm hoping to have job interviews soon, so I won't be letting anyone sign it. Sorry.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am one of your mom's loyal fans...so read of your mishap! SO sorry...it sounds horrid yet! Some things in life we just can hardly wait to get past! I have had a few myself...this too shall pass! And now you will forever be able to really EMPATHIZE with anyone else in the same fix! Blessings and rest while you can!
    Elizabeth

     

Post a Comment

<< Home