My Room

"Everyone carries a room about inside them. This fact can even be proved by means of the sense of hearing. If someone walks fast and one pricks up one's ears and listens, say at night, when everything round about is quiet, one hears, for instance, the rattling of a mirror not quite firmly fastened to the wall." -Franz Kafka

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Pre-check up #2

I apologize that my posting has been rather sporadic lately, but the Vicodin makes any activity more strenuous than watching TV or playing computer games a little strenuous.

Tomorrow we head up to Michigan. My second appointment is Friday, when I get my staples removed and my permanent fiber glass cast put on. Yippee!

In other news, Christine passed her math course and so will begin her assistantship in two weeks. She's very excited and nervous. With the math course over, she has a bit of a break until grad school starts, and when she's not waiting on her invalid husband, she's watching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Her mom found a video store that has all seven seasons to rent, so Christine began with season one, episode one and is now on season five. I watch them once in a while, and while some are interesting, others are incredibly stupid.

An example of the latter, a character realizes that something is amiss on the space station, so he scans everyone with a tricorder. When he turns it on himself, he discovers that he is producing only alpha waves, which means he is in a coma. So everything around him is part of his dream, including the tricorder that accurately read his alpha waves and revealed that he was in a coma and everything around him was a figment of his imagination! In case you missed it, that's INCLUDING THE TRICORDER! AAAAARGH!

One positive is the character Dax, who has a two-hundred-year-old tapeworm that has had several previous hosts, whose personalities manifest in Dax. That's stupid, but the character is wicked hot, so I'm willing to suspend disbelief. She eventually hooks up with Worf, my favorite Star Trek character ever.

I, meanwhile, am addicted to a computer game called BigJig. It's a virtual jigsaw puzzle. You can pick the number of pieces, style, colors, and download one free puzzle per week. Check it out.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:42 am, Blogger Judy said…

    Pssst...Buddy,

    People who can walk tend to not be as interested in jigsaw puzzles as are those who can't.

    moM (i spelled my name backwards so as not to give away my identity)

     
  • At 1:29 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    You are giving me advice about what is interesting. I have hit an all-time low.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home