My Room

"Everyone carries a room about inside them. This fact can even be proved by means of the sense of hearing. If someone walks fast and one pricks up one's ears and listens, say at night, when everything round about is quiet, one hears, for instance, the rattling of a mirror not quite firmly fastened to the wall." -Franz Kafka

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Check Up #1

This morning I went back to my doctor to have my dressing changed. I got three new X-rays, and since I was only on Vicodin, I remember seeing them. I have two plates and ten screws in my leg. It looked really weird.

The most disturbing part, though, was my leg itself. It's swollen, misshapen, and bruised. I have a large incision on the outside and several small ones on the inside where all the screws went in.

The dressing was changed, and the doctor said that everything looked perfect (which I thought was an odd word choice). I go back next Friday to get the staples taken out of my incisions and get a permanent cast. The doctor said I won't be able to put any weight on it for four weeks.

Or an hour and a half as it turned out. When I got back to my parents house, I lost my balance on the steps and came down on my broken leg. Twice. I cried.

Sitting in the backseat bent so that my leg was propped up made me incredibly carsick, so we won't be heading home today. I feel bad, because Christine has been so wonderful, and I know she'd rather be in Illinois. We should be leaving tomorrow morning.

Until then, another day of movies and naps. Send me e-mail. It helps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home