My Room

"Everyone carries a room about inside them. This fact can even be proved by means of the sense of hearing. If someone walks fast and one pricks up one's ears and listens, say at night, when everything round about is quiet, one hears, for instance, the rattling of a mirror not quite firmly fastened to the wall." -Franz Kafka

Monday, August 08, 2005

Ugh...

If you've ever thought that sitting around all day being waited on sounded nice, then you've never had to do it. Anybody who has can tell you that it sucks. Sure, it sounds nice, and it may be if you have servants whose job is to pander to your every whim. I can't imagine Jeeves ever saying, "I'll get your pipe and slippers when I damn well feel like it. And why do you need to eat anyway, you've been sitting around all day?" Family can say those things. Apparently money buys more grace than love does.

I kid, of course. I am well cared for. But if you'd like to lend me your butler, I would very much appreciate it.

As I lie around trying not to think about how much my unreachable ankle itches, I find myself thinking. Since I am already irritable, my thinking is for the most part unpleasant. I have, in the past three weeks or so, considered everything anyone has ever done that I didn't like. If you've ever done anything that ticked me off, I've thought about it. I may be thinking about it right now. It may have happened long ago, and I may have forgiven you, but right now, I hate you for it.

So, since misery loves company, lets all list our biggest pet peeves. Mine is people reading my blog without commenting. If you've ever done this, I'm angry with you. But you can make up for it by getting me a glass of water. And a sandwich. And on your way, turn the fan up to medium. And toss me that blanket. Do we have any chips?

5 Comments:

  • At 4:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I apologize for my sins of commission and omission. Total depravity rears its ugly head.
    One of my pet peeves:
    Infrequent e-mails.

    Get your own food. Christopher Reeve was paralyzed, and look how much he accomplished. If I ever lay my hands on the inconsiderate bastard who killed him...

     
  • At 1:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My all time BIGGEST PET PEEVE... and it must beat out alot of competition, be the biggest, because I have many....The open ended promise: "Lets keep in touch!" or worse.... the command: "Keep in touch!" I would rather have a sharp stick in the eye than hear it one more time. Just say nothing but "goodbye" and embrace the awkward silence if you aren't creative enough or open enough to continue in conversation.

    - Megan

     
  • At 1:50 pm, Blogger Judy said…

    My pet peeves are catagorized.

    Today my biggest pet peeve in the human relationship catagory is rudeness. There is NO NEED for anyone to be rude, ever. But, it seems to have become the national passtime.

    The "Golden Rule" rules!

     
  • At 9:46 pm, Blogger Denver Parler said…

    Pet Peeve for now: arrogant people

     
  • At 6:12 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would probably have to second the opinion of your mom! And rudenesss has many forms...
    yesterday it was a whole host of drivers on the road with broken turn signals and blinkers!! ARGH!! What are we, invisible??? In a Dodge Intrepid...I think not! They are followed by those who view a red light as a place to speed up! Sometimes I think we need to drive some big old ugly truck! I inherited my grandparents big old ugly boat...a 1970 YELLOW Chrysler! Let me tell you, during the years of about 1990 to 2000 when I was driving it (I mean it only had 70,000 miles on it when I got it) I NEVER, not even ONCE, came close to a driving problem...people somehow pay attention when you drive a huge tank like that! Heehee!
    Elizabeth

     

Post a Comment

<< Home