My Room

"Everyone carries a room about inside them. This fact can even be proved by means of the sense of hearing. If someone walks fast and one pricks up one's ears and listens, say at night, when everything round about is quiet, one hears, for instance, the rattling of a mirror not quite firmly fastened to the wall." -Franz Kafka

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Notes from a small basement

Thanks to those of you who continue to visit despite my sporadic posting. I'm doing much better now. Thanks for your prayers and encouragement.

I still have a cough; I tend to get one every year around this time. I' managing it with Triaminc, which tastes awful, but is effective.

The essential oils I've been using on my Achilles tendon has worked marvelously. I've changed now to a clove oil, which is still an anti-inflammatory, but it smells much better than what I was using.

Because my leg is not in as much pain, I can do more extensive therapy. Today I marched in place on a trampoline and then balanced on my broken foot for one minute at a time. I also did some other balancing exercises and stair stepping. I had to use a small bench because my feet don't fit on their steps. So while I'm thrilled to not be in pain, my leg muscles are exhausted.

I have my next doctor's appointment on April 5th (which is my brother's birthday). If all is well, my doctor will release me to return to work. Woo-hoo! I am so frickin' lonely. I can't wait to be able to socialize more.

This weekend Christine will present a paper on the Victorian ideal of womanhood at an NIU literary conference that I will attend with her. I'm looking forward to it.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:35 pm, Blogger Judy said…

    Ah hem.

    I've seen the basement, and it is not small.

    Glad to hear you are doing better. I love anything clove. I'm sure it will work wonders.

    Will Christine be posting her paper on line? I would LOVE to read it!

     
  • At 1:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How exciting for both you and Christine. Sounds like life is looking up! Hope you continue to feel better and she does well!

     
  • At 9:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    No, the basement is not small, but it was necessary for my Bill Bryson reference.

    The clove oil also stings when I put it on my neck. I just learned I'm not dilluting it enough.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home