My Room

"Everyone carries a room about inside them. This fact can even be proved by means of the sense of hearing. If someone walks fast and one pricks up one's ears and listens, say at night, when everything round about is quiet, one hears, for instance, the rattling of a mirror not quite firmly fastened to the wall." -Franz Kafka

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The end is in sight

Monday I saw my new doctor for the first time. He said that my X-rays looked good and that my bones seem to be healing fine. To be sure, he got me an appointment for a CT scan at the hospital next door for that afternoon. The results came in today and were positive. The next step is to begin physical therapy. I see the doctor again in four weeks, when he expects me to be off the crutches and using a cane or nothing. He predicts I'll be back to normal in 8-10 weeks.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:59 pm, Blogger Evan said…

    Dr. Vandyke asks about you and Christine frequently. I told him you were coming this way this weekend, you should track him down. he'd appreciat seeing/hearing from you

     
  • At 8:42 am, Blogger Ryan said…

    I think you should ask everybody on your site to make predictions on the actual day when you will be "back to normal." The person closest without going over wins a copy of Princess Bride, perhaps?

     
  • At 2:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    But who wants to be normal!?!
    - Megan

     
  • At 10:07 am, Blogger Chris said…

    i think you should use a cane.

     
  • At 8:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HOw was the PT?

    - Megan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home