My Room

"Everyone carries a room about inside them. This fact can even be proved by means of the sense of hearing. If someone walks fast and one pricks up one's ears and listens, say at night, when everything round about is quiet, one hears, for instance, the rattling of a mirror not quite firmly fastened to the wall." -Franz Kafka

Monday, March 06, 2006

I Can Walk!

Isn't it greeeeeaaaaaat?
That I perambulate!
Isn't it graaaaaaaaand?
That I can even stand!

I don't crawl!
I don't creep!
I don't even trip or balk
When I want to go get something
I stand right up and walk
Walk Walk Walk
Waaaaaaaaalk!

I can walk!

If you haven't seen the animated Charlotte's Web, that may just seem weird. But all of you who celebrate when Wilbur discovers he can talk, sing with me!

I had a doctor's appointment today. Everything looked great, and he told me I can start to wean myself off the boot. For me, that meant ripping it off, throwing it across the room, and putting on normal shoes.

My first couple of steps felt so weird. It was like walking when your foot's asleep. But I was walking!

Woo hoo!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i'm very happy for you!

     
  • At 9:19 am, Blogger Chris said…

    YIIPPEE!

     
  • At 1:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sweeto! Congrats!

     
  • At 10:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats! Always remember the Tortoise and the Hare in Physical Therapy. Slow and steady wins the race.

    - Megan

     
  • At 12:53 pm, Blogger Judy said…

    I know the song!

    I just sang it to Braeden!

    Looking forward to seeing you walk!

    (using too many exclamation points!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home