My Room

"Everyone carries a room about inside them. This fact can even be proved by means of the sense of hearing. If someone walks fast and one pricks up one's ears and listens, say at night, when everything round about is quiet, one hears, for instance, the rattling of a mirror not quite firmly fastened to the wall." -Franz Kafka

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas Cookies

I've been doing a lot of baking this week. Today Christine finished Christmas shopping while I baked cookies. I baked for hours. It was so much fun.

I made these great chocolate chip cookies. I throw in a handful of walnuts, because I like the texture. Even cooked until crispy, these cookies have a cake-like consistency.

I also made pecan puffs. I made some yesterday (many of which burned), but today was more successful.

Christine likes haystacks, so I made several of those. They're just melted chocolate chips and chow-mein noodles. Easy, but good.

In the background all day, I played my "Arrested Development" DVDs. It's such a great show. I can't pick a favorite character. If I had to, I would probably say Buster, but G.O.B., Tobias, and George Sr. are great, and I love George Michael. I'm also adding Maeby to my list of TV crushes. She still trails Topanga and Punky Brewster, but she may have passed Donna from "That 70s Show."

Tomorrow I'm making kolackis (KLOT-chkees) and beef stew for dinner.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:59 pm, Blogger Evan said…

    who bought you those arrested development dvds??

     
  • At 11:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's hard to choose a favorite character. I like Buster a lot, and GOB too....although Lucille is amazing. I have this Arrested Development survey-type thing that I'm going to put up on my blog soon, you should check it out!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home