My Room

"Everyone carries a room about inside them. This fact can even be proved by means of the sense of hearing. If someone walks fast and one pricks up one's ears and listens, say at night, when everything round about is quiet, one hears, for instance, the rattling of a mirror not quite firmly fastened to the wall." -Franz Kafka

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Today should be my birthday

December 1, 1980 was my due date. I didn't arrive on time. Apparently I was comfortable and decided to wait twelve days to come out. Every December 1 since then, my mom has wished me a happy it-should-be-your-birthday, and although this is the farthest away we've ever been on December 1, thanks to the miracle of technology, she can still remind me of the only time I was ever late for anything (until, of course, I got married).

Tomorrow I have another doctor's appointment. This year for my birthday, I want to walk.

I am currently sitting before a roaring fire, listening to Christmas music, and reading Calvin and Hobbes. I guess life's pretty good.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:12 pm, Blogger Judy said…

    You could walk by your first birthday. Hopefully, you will not miss a year of birthday walking.

    Maybe I could hunt down a 'Bucky the Wonder Horse', as you could move very quickly through the house with his help.

    And, I DO actually remember telling you on your very first December 1st that it SHOULD have been your birthday.

    You were well worth the wait.

     
  • At 3:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe you weren't late, maybe the doctor or midwife was wrong. Science is all theory and doctors are only human. Of course I think you are too.
    - Megan

     
  • At 7:32 pm, Blogger Chris said…

    Happy Almost Birthday Lunchbox!

     
  • At 1:07 pm, Blogger Chris said…

    And Happy should be your birthday yesterday.

     
  • At 10:06 am, Blogger Judy said…

    (okay...it was actually your 2nd christmas when you walked...on your first you were still very tote-able)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home