My Room

"Everyone carries a room about inside them. This fact can even be proved by means of the sense of hearing. If someone walks fast and one pricks up one's ears and listens, say at night, when everything round about is quiet, one hears, for instance, the rattling of a mirror not quite firmly fastened to the wall." -Franz Kafka

Friday, November 11, 2005

Who's the leader of the club?

I got a really funny letter the other day inviting me to be a member of the Handyman Club of America.

"Why you?

"Well, it's no secret among your friends and family that you are an outstanding handyman. As someone who is passionately devoted to do-it-yourself home improvement and maybe even woodworking, you're exactly the kind of person our Club is always looking for."

You all knew that I was an outstanding handyman, and you never told me? I had to find out in a letter! I might even be interested in woodworking, and I never knew.

Do-it-yourself woodworking sounds dirty, though. I'm not sure I want to be a part of this club.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had to find out I was old enough to qualify for AARP from a letter. I feel your pain.

    -NY-M

    (for the record, my 22 years does not mean I'm old enough for AARP)

     
  • At 1:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol

    I can see you as a woodworking handyman....or not. Thoughtful of them to try to include you though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home