My Room

"Everyone carries a room about inside them. This fact can even be proved by means of the sense of hearing. If someone walks fast and one pricks up one's ears and listens, say at night, when everything round about is quiet, one hears, for instance, the rattling of a mirror not quite firmly fastened to the wall." -Franz Kafka

Monday, December 12, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my 25th birthday. I am half-way to fifty. A quarter century old.

Aside from feeling ancient, it was a great birthday. I woke Christine up at 8:30 so I could open presents. Her parents got me season 1 of "Desperate Housewives." Yay. Christine got me Son of a Witch, the sequel to Gregory Maguire's Wicked, and a box set of a children's fantasy series of books about bats. It looks really cool.

We watched the DH pilot and then went to breakfast at Richard Walker's pancake house. We had omelets and pancakes and delicious coffee. After breakfast we went to Barnes & Noble where I looked at games (they have Batman Monopoly!) and read some of Alan Moore's graphic novel Watchmen. My parents got me Moore's V for Vendetta, and it was amazing. Now I want to read all of his stuff.

On a less thrilling note, my driver's license expired today, and I found out last week that my social security card was misplaced in the move. So I applied for a replacement card, and in two weeks I'll get to take a road test to get a new license. Wee.

I spent the afternoon reading Son of a Witch before making tamales and red beans & rice for dinner. Now I'm watching three hours of "America's Funniest Home Videos." A happy birthday indeed.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday!

    Mine is on Wednesday and to celebrate I think I'm going to have my driver's license revoked.

     
  • At 10:09 am, Blogger Judy said…

    Happy Birthday! We ALL tried to call you yesterday, but your phone went straight to voice mail.

    You missed a lot of very bad singing.

     
  • At 10:30 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Aww, that's a shame. My phone was dead. I'll be sure to check my voicemail.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home