My Room

"Everyone carries a room about inside them. This fact can even be proved by means of the sense of hearing. If someone walks fast and one pricks up one's ears and listens, say at night, when everything round about is quiet, one hears, for instance, the rattling of a mirror not quite firmly fastened to the wall." -Franz Kafka

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I'm glad I'm not a horse

Today I had a follow-up on my CT scan from Friday. Apparently I have so much hardware in my leg that it distorted the image, and the scans were pretty much useless. I had yet another x-ray, and the doctor said the tibia is still not visibly healing. He told me to start putting as much weight as I can on it, and one of two things will happen: either it's healing and will continue to heal, or it's not healing and I'll break the hardware and need further surgery. But if it's not healing, I'll need surgery anyway. So, I can put weight on my leg with the boot still on, but I guess I won't really be walking by Christmas.

My next appointment is Friday, January 13. Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Luck!
    Medicine is so strange, be careful but aggresive.

    - Megan

     
  • At 8:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you are taking extra vitamins and minerals and whatever else might help something like this to heal!! What a nasty break you have had! Blessings and prayers for a faster healing!
    Elizabeth

     
  • At 9:58 am, Blogger Judy said…

    I am also glad you are not a horse.

    Especially living with horses as you do...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home