My Room

"Everyone carries a room about inside them. This fact can even be proved by means of the sense of hearing. If someone walks fast and one pricks up one's ears and listens, say at night, when everything round about is quiet, one hears, for instance, the rattling of a mirror not quite firmly fastened to the wall." -Franz Kafka

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Buddy: The Deluge

Today Christine and I were roused from our beds at 7:30 by Christine's frantic mother who needed our help saving storage boxes from the flood that had broken out in the basement (fortunately, not on our side of the basement). We spent the next hour or so moving salvagable boxes to the other side of the basement and taking sopping wet boxes of garbage up to the garage. Fun times. Afterward, I made everybody cinnamon french toast. That was good.

than Christine decided to take a nap while watching Star Wars: A New Hope. It's sad how the prequels have marred this cinematic masterpiece. Damn it, George! Just leave well enough alone! Anyway, I didn't watch. I finished reading A Wrinkle in Time for about the tenth time in my life. Great book. I'm considering starting A Wind in the Door next, but I may decide to read more Stephen King. I got a Borders gift card for our anniversary, but I can't talk Christine into going with me.

I put my resume together this week. If anyone wants to give me a job, just drop me a line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home