My Room

"Everyone carries a room about inside them. This fact can even be proved by means of the sense of hearing. If someone walks fast and one pricks up one's ears and listens, say at night, when everything round about is quiet, one hears, for instance, the rattling of a mirror not quite firmly fastened to the wall." -Franz Kafka

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Restless

I am so restless. I don't know what my deal is. I wanted to take the summer to read and write, and I have done very little of either. I sense that I shall soon, or I will go insane. I have been blogging a lot, which I suppose includes both.

I've actually slipped into a cleaning and organizing mode, which my wife can tell you happens never. yesterday I vacuumed the entire basement and then unpacked a treadmill from storage. Today I cleaned the kitchen. I also tried to make cookies, but only succeeded in burning the hell out of some cookie dough, and now the whole house smells. i don't know what happened; I'm generally a good cook.

Christine's mom is in California. Her sister had a heart attack the day before yesterday, so she's out visiting her. She left around 7:00 this morning. I just talked to her, and she said her sister's doing fine and has the doctors baffled. In the meantime, we're taking care of the house and the horses and the dogs, who spent the entire day moping by the door.

Tomorrow we're going to the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, so I hope to post some more pictures. Then you can all see my new haircut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home