My Room

"Everyone carries a room about inside them. This fact can even be proved by means of the sense of hearing. If someone walks fast and one pricks up one's ears and listens, say at night, when everything round about is quiet, one hears, for instance, the rattling of a mirror not quite firmly fastened to the wall." -Franz Kafka

Friday, April 29, 2005

Be it ever so humble...

As I said before, warrived home safely last Thursday. The trip was uneventful and couldn't have gone more smoothly. Sadly, we were not bumped up to business class as we were on our way to Oxford, but the flight was underbooked and we were able to spread out. I watched three movies on the plane: The Village, which was even better the second time; Lemony Snickett's A Series of Unfortunate Events, which I thought was incredibly disturbing for a children's movie; and Blade Trinity, which sucked.

Since we've been home, we've been settling into our room in Christine's parents' basement. It's the size of the apartment we lived in in Grand Rapids, so that's nice. Jet lag wasn't quite as bad on the way home, since we're in a comfortable environment and don't really have to do anything. Sure, it's weird going to bed at 8 and getting up at 6, but according to Ben Franklin, I should be healthy, wealthy, and wise in no time. Our days have been spent watching movies and reading. Also, I've enraged my gangleon cysts playing Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 for several hours a day.

Yesterday I went to Loyola University with Christine while she visited the English department. I thought the campus was nice, even compared with Oxford. I bought the book Eats, Shoots and Leaves at the campus bookstore and then sat on the boardwalk facing Lake Michigan reading and sipping cappuccino. It was wonderful.

Christine and I graduate on May 7, and you are all invited to our open house on May 8. If you'd like to come, please e-mail me for directions.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:34 pm, Blogger Chris said…

    Whiffle Ball at Bonzo's on Thursday at 2 or 3. Be there, Bonzo says so.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home