My Room

"Everyone carries a room about inside them. This fact can even be proved by means of the sense of hearing. If someone walks fast and one pricks up one's ears and listens, say at night, when everything round about is quiet, one hears, for instance, the rattling of a mirror not quite firmly fastened to the wall." -Franz Kafka

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

What a long strange trip it's been

I know it's been a while since I've posted, and you all know by now that we're home, so thanks to those of you who check in anyway to see how we are.

This week things are approaching the new version of normalcy to which we are adjusting. Over the last couple of weeks, we have...

Graduated! Christine and I each earned an English department award which turned out to be $100 gift cards to Barnes and Noble. Guess where we spent all our free time. Christine graduated cum laude and I graduated magna cum laude, so that was fun.

Chosen a graduate school. In the fall, Christine will be attending Northern Illinois University where she will be pursuing a degree in English literature while also teaching freshman level classes.

Played countless games of Betrayal at House on the Hill, the greatest board game ever.

Enjoyed freedom from the "discernment policy." Christine and I attended a college that forbade drinking, and while we didn't abide by the rules, it's nice that we're no longer forced to lie.

Moved into our room in Christine's parents basement. We love it. It's about the size of the last apartment we lived in in Grand Rapids, and while it's a bit smaller than where we stayed in England, it is refreshingly free of disgusting and inconsiderate Oxford students.

Several people have expressed interest in seeing my blog continue, and I am happy to keep it up. I will, however, be changing the name soon (though not the address), so if you click on the link in your favorites (or in the internet history of a roommate you've been spying on) and you notice it no longer takes you to Oxford Blues, fear not, for I am with you always.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:58 pm, Blogger Chris said…

    Proof that you didn't follow the Lifestyle statement...while painting your apartment, we found a wine cork and a Guinness Extra Stout lid (which I probably brought over to make black and tans).
    I will still be checking in and know that you are with me always.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home