My Room

"Everyone carries a room about inside them. This fact can even be proved by means of the sense of hearing. If someone walks fast and one pricks up one's ears and listens, say at night, when everything round about is quiet, one hears, for instance, the rattling of a mirror not quite firmly fastened to the wall." -Franz Kafka

Sunday, February 11, 2007

A Meme from My Mom

My mom mentioned that she wanted me to post this one because I was Home Schooled.

Year of High School Graduation - 1999. And I partied like it was.

1. Who was your best friend?
Steve Rodenburg.

2. What sports did you play?
Looney Tunes Basketball on my Super Nintendo.

3. What kind of car did you drive?
I didn't get my license until I was 19, but then I drove a Mercury Tracer wagon.

4. It's Friday night, where were you?
Cast party.

5. Were you a party animal?
I went to a lot of Youth Group all-nighters, where I would often select the movies. I believe I was single-handedly responsible for the guidelines that only educational movies could be shown at church functions.

6. Where you in the "In Crowd"?
I was the coolest kid in my graduating class.

7. Ever skip school?
Only to go to my full-time job.

8. Ever smoke?
In High School? No.

9. Were you a nerd?
I was the biggest nerd in my graduating class.

10. Did you get suspended/expelled?
I lost TV privileges once in a while.

11. Can you sing the alma mater?
I'm not fluent enough in Latin to know what that means, but if it's referring to the fight song, it was I Want It All by Queen. I don't think I realized it was a gay rights anthem when I chose it. It is now featured in a Dr Pepper commercial. Take that, Wyoming Park High School.

12. Who was your favorite teacher?
My mom.

13. Favorite Class?
Going to the library to decide what to learn. One day I decided to read a classic book a week. I selected Silas Marner. When I met my mom at check out, she had had the same idea and picked another copy of the same book! Weird. She read it; I didn't. She didn't enjoy it, but she's glad she read it.

What was your school's full name?
Haskill School for Brilliant Teenagers and Their Whiny Little Sisters.

15. School Mascot?
Flying Fox.

16. Did you go to Prom?
Yes, I took my sister, my parents chaperoned. No, the answer is no.

17. If you could go back and do it over, would you?
I enjoyed most of it, but no.

18. What do you remember most about graduation?
That my life did not change significantly.

19. Favorite memory of your senior year?
Nothing comes to mind.

20. Were you ever posted on the senior wall?
I was posted on the refigerator.

21. Did you have a job your senior year?
I had a job that started the week after I graduated from 8th grade and that I quit to go to college.

22. Who did you date?
Dating kissed me goodbye.

23. Where did you go most often for lunch?
The kitchen or the breakroom at work. It was also pretty easy to talk my teacher into going for Chinese.

24. Have you gained weight since then?
Yes, but I've always been queen-sized.

25. What did you do after graduation?
Took a year off to work before college. I saved squat, but i bought a lot of cool Legos. They're in my parents basement somewhere.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My favorite memory from your senior year is the comment from the UPS guy that he had never seen a church secretary that looked quite like you.

    the MOM lady

     

Post a Comment

<< Home