My Room

"Everyone carries a room about inside them. This fact can even be proved by means of the sense of hearing. If someone walks fast and one pricks up one's ears and listens, say at night, when everything round about is quiet, one hears, for instance, the rattling of a mirror not quite firmly fastened to the wall." -Franz Kafka

Sunday, April 03, 2005

18 Days to Go

If you've had any communication with me since we returned from the continent, you know that I am counting the days until we return to the states. I've had a great time in Oxford for the most part, but I am ready to be done. I will miss breakfast baps, Sunday roast at the Raddy, the free museums, and my tutors, but I am looking forward to 24-hour superstores, a comfortable living environment, and friends.

When we return, we will be living in Illinois with Christine's parents, which will be a change, but a very welcome one. Before coming to Oxford, I lived basically in the same 10-mile radius my whole life. Through my wife, I have made some great friends in Illinois and am excited to spend more time with them this summer. Christine is trying to decide between Loyola and NIU for grad school, so living with her parents this summer will allow us to settle into Illinois life and find our own place for the fall.

Having lived in Grand Rapids, Michigan my whole life, that is what I miss most. We're going there from Illinois on May 4th to graduate on the 7th and have an open house on the 8th. The following week I hope will be filled with marathon games of Betrayal at House on the Hill and Risk 2210 A.D.

As I anticipate that glorious home-going, I am filling my time not with paper writing and studying for my upcoming exam, but by playing the free demo of Zoo Tycoon. If anyone is stuck trying to decide on a graduation present for me, the Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection is available at Amazon for the affordable price of $25.

Please pray for strength and endurance. I'll see you soon!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SO excited to see you guys for graduation!!! and enjoy your last moments there =) -krystal

     
  • At 8:41 pm, Blogger Chris said…

    You can live in Illinois only if you come and visit us every weekend, just like you visited Illinois every weekend when you lived here. Fair is fair. Am I right or am I right?

     
  • At 8:42 pm, Blogger Chris said…

    By the way...the Kreamy Dreamy is open!

     
  • At 6:58 am, Blogger Judy said…

    I agree with the dish.

    Visit every weekend. We will keep a room ready for you.

    (and dish, please don't ever run away with the spoon!)

    The Kreamy Kone...this year I did not celebrate it's opening. I do not want it to be listed as my 'cause of death'.

     
  • At 1:00 pm, Blogger Evan said…

    "chocolate, vanilla, or tweeest?" the kreamy dreamy is indeed open, but in this nursery rhyme the dish doesn't run away with the spoon he runs away with a mother "GOOSE!" hi buddy and christine :) it's my birthday today

     
  • At 8:36 am, Blogger Chris said…

    I don't have to come visit you every weekend because you will be here every weekend. Yippee! And when I am in Toronto you will just have a little longer ride each weekend.
    Thank you, and double congrats to you.
    Webber, I do love nursery rhymes. Happy Belated Birthday! (I didn't know how to get ahold of you, I lost the camp's number)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home